- Sep 25, 2017
- - 0 comment
Fire pit Ideas to Beautify Your Backyard
I don’t know if there’s anything better than sitting around a bonfire eating toasty marshmallows and listening to crackling wood. My unlucky soul, however, lives in an apartment and can’t enjoy such pleasures unless someone else is throwing a party. I’ll keep dreaming though. Here are just a few inspiring fire pits I can’t keep off my third-floor-living mind.
1) Do you have a unique landscape feature that goes unused? Convert it into a fire pit! Lucy couldn’t keep the fish in her koi pond because of predators. Instead of constantly restocking, she let the water-feature dry out. Now it makes a beautiful addition to her patio.
Image via: Lucy’s Lampshade
2) This DIY brick fire pit saved blogger Jim a pretty penny, costing only
Image via: The Perfect Garden Hose
3) This tabletop fire pit is so neat. Karen shows us the detailed steps for making this portable fire pit on her blog, The Art of Doing Stuff. She goes as far as creating the glass enclosure and teaching us a cool trick with a spaghetti noodle.
Image via: The Art of Doing Stuff
4) If you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, this project is for you. From Man Made, a postmodern male’s hands-on creativity blog, Chris shows readers how to create a concrete fire pit from scratch. Those who take on this project will really enjoy Chris’s detailed explanations and images.
Image via: Man Made
5) Morgan Satterfield of the Brick House needed to replace a failed attempt at a DIY cinder block fire pit. Testing out a new skill she picked up from friends, Morgan explains a basic welding project to create this sleek, square fire pit.
by Bri Levandowski